Re: [GENERAL] PostGreSQL and LiveWire?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Herouth Maoz
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostGreSQL and LiveWire??
Date
List pgsql-general
At 19:21 +0300 on 09/05/1999, Thomas Reinke wrote:

> Doesn't LiveWire support Java? If memory serves, it is server side
> JavaScript with the capability to interface to server side Java
> code. Since PostGreSQL has a JDBC set of drivers, this sounds
> like it may be a quite feasible way to go without needing to
> configure ODBC...

In theory, this is possible, however, it makes your work very hard. Instead
of using the Server-side Javascript methods for database connection pools
and database connections, you have to write Java objects to do the same
things and use them. Makes for a lot of work in development. Besides, I'm
not sure which version of Java is currently supported by LiveWire, but it
always lags behind the current market release of Java.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma